Thursday, November 29, 2012

 I took a couple of portraits of my wife, Nicole. For the above photo I just wanted her to look slightly off camera and with her sunglasses on you can't really tell if she is or not. I tried to avoid as much of the background as I could without cutting anything off. For the lower photo I wanted to have a very wide angle. I wanted to capture as much of the impressive setting that we were in as I could. I really liked how the photo came out with the sun showering over her.
 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Josh,
You have a lovely wife! Your second photo with the scenery is fantastic. Between the way Nicole is sitting and your position and angle, it looks like the most natural place for her to be sitting. I like the bright color and the light and shadows as well.

Unknown said...

Josh – I really like both of your portrait photos and it is a tie as to what one I like more! In the first photo, I love how close you are when photographing Nicole. And, the hat and sunglasses really add interest to the photo. I like that you chose a wide angle for the second photo; I think that was a great idea. You really added depth to the photo by shooting at the angle that you did. Nice job!

Unknown said...

Both photos are beautiful. I like that you chose two different perspectives and I also like that one has more movement, a little more candid, and the other one is more posed. The first photo looks like you caught the moment just in time :)